Monday, 26 October 2009

Exams

I'd forgotten that exams can actually be enjoyable.

The last few weeks have been the run up to my final exams. I've been stressing myself a little silly. Today I wrote the first -- and probably easiest -- of them: General Astronomy. I was ridiculously nervous, right up until I was sitting at my desk, waiting for the exam to begin. Suddenly things clicked and my apprehension became anticipation.

Black print crept along the pages of my answer book. I reached back and pulled things out of my memory to answer questions. I was a little disappointed that the Density Wave theory wasn't examined, and I made some semi-educated guesses about the four key observations made by Galileo.

After two hours, I had completed the paper and checked it. It was satisfying. I'm looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

  1. All right! I agree, there is something satisfying about matching what you've learned to what the exam is asking. I used to have terrible "test anxiety" but when my mind is engaged and things "click" as you say, the anxiety falls away. Best wishes for ease with the rest of your exams!

    ReplyDelete